Maintaining proper oral hygiene is essential for the health of our teeth and gums, so we seek the best quality products for this purpose. Electric toothbrushes facilitate the brushing task and provide superior cleaning. The most important aspects to consider when choosing one of them are, first, the hardness of the bristles, which should be appropriate to the sensitivity of your teeth and gums and the depth of cleaning you require. Nowadays, most of these instruments also have various features such as timer, pressure sensor, and alarm, among others.
How to choose a good electric toothbrush?
This guide to buy the best electric toothbrush is intended to be a help, informing you about those aspects that you should value to buy a cheap but efficient electric toothbrush.
We recommend comparing electric toothbrushes, assessing the following aspects.
Types of bristles
The bristles are a determining factor in any toothbrush, whether it is manual or electrical. The bristles have different degrees of hardness and different shapes.
As for the hardness, it is a matter of taste. Dental hygienists and dentists recommend high-soft bristles for people with sensitive gums or teeth or if you are recovering from a surgical procedure.
In the case of mid-hard bristles, although there is a belief that they clean their teeth better, this is not necessarily true.
Now, another favor that determines the effectiveness of a toothbrush is the shape of the head and the length of the bristles. Knowing which electric toothbrush is better in terms of the shape of your head and the size of the bristles is difficult, because the important thing is that it reaches all the teeth well. Consult with your dentist is the most advisable in this regard.
The best thing is to look for a toothbrush that offers you the possibility of choosing different degrees of pressure and speed. This will make it easier for you to choose a faster and firmer brushing if you want a deeper cleaning, or a softer one if you have sensitive gums.
Not all electric brushes work in the same way:
Sonic electric brushes: The head vibrates at a rate of more than 20,000 vibrations per minute; they are called sonic because their movements are so rapid that they produce vibrations in the audible range. Its effectiveness is greater than that of rotary electric brushes, but the latter are more economical.
Rotating electric brushes: In this type of brushes, the head usually has a section of bristles usually round, in which the bristles revolve around a central point of rotation; this rotary movement is independent of the movement of the rest of the bristles. The number of rotations per minute of a rotating electric toothbrush is between 3,000 and 7,000 versus about 300 rotations of a manual toothbrush.
In fact, some brush models allow you to “record” a personalized mode with the intensity and speed that you find most pleasant and effective.
Most of the brushes available in the market offer characteristics that, in a certain way, give you some benefit by increasing their efficiency and ease of use.
Some of these characteristics are:
- Timer: To ensure that we brush for at least two minutes. In fact, some are paused every 30 seconds, to indicate that you should start cleaning the next quadrant.
- Alarm: Some brushes will indicate you by means of an auditory or luminous signal that have passed 30 seconds and that you must pass to the cleaning of the next quadrant.
- Travel case: Some include a carrying case for transporting the brush and even a loader less bulky than the main one.
- Extra heads: Some brushes come with an extra head that will allow you to not have to do any extra spending for a few months.
- Cleaning modes: Some brushes offer different cleaning modes such as intensive, special for stains, polishing, for gums and sensitive teeth that have, in a programmed manner, different degrees of pressure and speed.
- Pressure sensor: To wash the teeth exerting a lot of pressure is not healthy, so some have a sensor that will indicate by a signal if you are moving the brush too hard.
- Screen: Brushes with more advanced features have a screen that indicates by means of icons the cleaning method chosen, time of brushing, etc.
How much does an electric toothbrush cost?
That depends on the technology that includes, the brand, the additional features you have. You can be sure that the best brands are not in that position by chance, but because their products deserve the investment.
Electric brushes are wireless for safety reasons, although it is clear that this feature also allows you to brush your teeth more comfortably. But, the most important thing when buying a brush is to know that it will be effective to reduce plaque and prevent not only cavities, but also prevent diseases such as gingivitis.
What is the best electric toothbrush of 2019?
One of the morning routines of every person is to do a teeth cleaning, so having the best instrument is essential; this is why the new technologies seek to make this action even easier with the incorporation of the best electric brushes.
The best electric brush according to consumers can be at your fingertips and at the most accessible prices in a variety of shapes, sizes and brands:
For those who are looking for the best electric toothbrush including the best inexpensive electric toothbrush, the Philips DiamondClean HX9332 / 04 can meet your expectations.
It is a model that combines elegance and performance. Able to perform 31,000 movements per minute, it can help reduce all the tasks on your teeth over time through its moderately hard bristles that are implanted gently on your teeth. Thanks to this feature, it can also completely eliminate plaque by accessing all areas even the most difficult to reach.
In addition, this model comes with a Smartimer function and a Quadpacer function that tells you the ideal brushing time for your teeth and the brushing time for each zone, respectively.
In addition, this model has a battery life of about 84 minutes after being charged for about 24 hours to allow you to bring it wherever you go and use it for that time and then charge it when you feel that the 84 minutes will go by soon.
It would make sense to look at the various options and find out which is the best electric toothbrush on the market before looking for the place to buy the best electric toothbrush. Precisely, we consider the model Philips DiamondClean HX9332 / 04 as the most efficient of the moment and it could interest you.
- Elegant toothbrush: This toothbrush is so elegant that it could serve as a decorative element in the bathroom.
- A powerful model: This electric toothbrush can perform 31,000 movements per minute, which will help you save time.
- An effective electric toothbrush: The Philips DiamondClean HX9332 electric toothbrush can help you clean your teeth effectively.
- Interesting features: With the Smartimer option and the Quadpacer function, you will be able to brush your teeth effectively in a respectable and correct time.
- An autonomy of 84 minutes: Its autonomy of 84 minutes will allow you to brush your teeth for whole weeks for a reload time of 24 hours.
- The price: It is true that it is a powerful and elegant toothbrush, but its price is still quite high.
Faced with the abundance of electric toothbrushes on the market, you probably ask yourself: what is the best electric toothbrush on the market or what electric toothbrush should I buy? Oral-B Pro 2000 brings you an answer to these questions.
Able to perform 48,000 movements per minute, this model is able to remove plaque from any thickness through oscillatory and rotating movements to ensure health, cleanliness and incomparable brilliance to your teeth. .
It can brush your teeth in two modes, daily cleaning for the cleanliness of your teeth every day, and sensitive cleaning gently treating the deeper and more distant parts of your teeth.
Moreover, the performance of this model is enhanced by its hair inclined to 16 degrees for a removal without the slightest effort on your part of all tasks on your teeth. Indeed, this angle of inclination allows these hairs to clean one by one each of your teeth.
If you are wondering which electric toothbrush to choose, then you will be delighted to learn that the Oral-B Pro 2000 model can be a good option.
- Price-performance: Due to the good equipment, the price-performance ratio is very good, because the price is the model very interesting.
- Cleaning effect: The toothbrush cleans reliably and well and the cleaning effect is significantly improved by the oral irrigator.
- Delivery: The scope of delivery is very good, because there are already different types of brush heads, so you can try out which type of brush head you are most comfortable with.
- Settings: Two different cleaning modes can be set so that the device can be easily adapted to personal needs.
- Bulky: Due to the size of the station, the device is correspondingly bulky and requires a lot of footprint.
This Oral-B Brush Pro 6000 toothbrush is many times more effective than a conventional manual toothbrush in removing plaque. This incredible performance is linked to the movements of his head in 3D that combine rotation, oscillation
To adapt to all circumstances, this Oral-B brush offers a rechargeable electric toothbrush, 4 brushes (1 Sensitive, 1 Cross Action, 1 FlossAction, 1 3D White) and a loading base with storage brushes. It comes with a sturdy case for easy transport and a SmartGuide wireless screen to track your progress when cleaning your teeth via the timer and quadrant guide.
Take advantage of a variety of functions to adapt this toothbrush to your needs: “standard mode” for complete daily cleansing, “gentle mode” for gentle tooth cleaning, “gum care mode” for gum stimulation , “Whiteness mode” to remove stains, “intense mode” for extended brushing and thorough cleaning. Thanks to its light pressure sensor, the pulsations stop as soon as the brushing becomes too strong.
Oral-B stands out as the toothbrush brand most adopted by dentists themselves in the world. Discover the many advantages of the Oral-B Brush Pro 6000 model.
- Great ability to remove plaque: This electric toothbrush is able to effectively remove plaque, thanks to its head which combines during its movements rotation, oscillation, pulsation.
- Various brushes: To meet your needs, it combines in one model 4 different brushes: 1 3D White, 1 Sensitive, 1 CrossAction and 1 FlossAction.
- SmartGuide wireless screen: This wireless screen allows you to control the process of brushing your teeth.
- Light pressure sensor: This option is used to warn the user and to interrupt the pulsations in case of brushing too vigorous.
- Price: Some users complain about the low price of this model, but the most important would be the innovations and performance of this product.
Another remarkable aspect of this model is its battery, which is rechargeable and offers a significant period of autonomy. Thus, with a charge of 4 hours, the equipment can work favorably for up to 30 days. In part, this is enriched with its timer, which programs a 2-minute brushing, with intervals of 30 seconds to change between the regions of the mouth.
The structure of the brush is compact, with a light weight to hold it comfortably, in addition to having a black design that gives it sobriety. It can easily withstand contact with water and the results of use can be seen between 7 and 14 days.
If you want to know the pros and cons of an option that has gained recognition from users for its autonomy and effectiveness, read the list of advantages and disadvantages of this model.
- Drums: It stands out its battery that with a load of 4 hours can last up to 30 days working correctly.
- Modalities: It offers five different modes of operation, according to the objective that the user has, whether it is a massage, teeth whitening, regular cleaning, etc.
- Timer: It has a 2 minute timer per brushing session, which allows efficient use of the equipment. This time is divided into small cycles of 30 seconds, with an alert that you must move region in the mouth.
- Spare parts: It has been said that the spare parts of this model are a bit complicated to get, although this may vary from case to case.
If you are interested in getting the best quality price electric brush, this is the model for you. The HealthyWhite model of the Philips Sonicare range has two special operating modes: Clean and Clean and White, which also provide a deep and lasting cleaning on your teeth to ensure you have
Its 31,000 rotations per minute give total tooth whitening in just two weeks so you can wear a radiant smile in a short time, in addition to improving the health of your gums, thanks to its patented sonic technology.
If you are a new user, this model has an Easy Start program, which will help you get used to your new brush.
For now, to give you a broader guide on what are the pros and cons of this model, take a look at the following data:
- Rechargeable: Like the aforementioned models, the Philips SoniCare HealthyWhite HX6711 / 02 is a fully rechargeable device, which, according to the users, symbolizes a great point in favor, since the battery does not work with the same power as these .
- Movements: If you’re worried about the amount of movements you do, you’ll be happy to know that it has 31,000 movements per minute, that is, more than enough to get you cleaned, and whitened, as never before.
- Timer: This equipment has two timers, the Smartimer and the Quadpacer, with the first you will know the moment in which 2 minutes have elapsed since you started brushing, since it is designed under that standard, while the other will work under a 30-second guide that will tell you when you should change zones.
- Useful life: The users have reported that the equipment has a useful life of 2 years and that, to its daily credit; the spare parts are a bit difficult to find. However, the brush works perfectly.
How to use an electric toothbrush?
The health of your mouth is a reflection of your overall health. Since the introduction of electric toothbrushes, dentists continue to recommend them as it allows more dental plaque to be removed than its manual counterpart. It also reduces the risk of bleeding. To not use your device blindly, discover the secrets to use it in the rules of the art.
Put the toothbrush in charge
The battery of your brush is the element that makes a difference from a manual. Before using it, put it on the charger or make sure the batteries are working. Afterwards, you will place the charger close enough to the sink so that you can reach it easily, but not too close to avoid the risk of electrocution.
Wet your toothbrush
So that your device is not too stiff during its use, it is important to moisten its hair. Then you can drop the equivalent of a pea of toothpaste on the brush. Be careful not to put too much, because it makes you salivate more and finish too quickly brushing.
Respect brushing time
The duration of the process with an electric brush is shorter than with a manual. To ensure its effectiveness, be sure to observe at least 2 minutes to complete your movement. Allow about 1 minute for the top teeth and another for the bottom teeth.
Apply the right brushing method
The electric toothbrush replaces the manual brushing action with small rotations. All you have to do is put the brush on your teeth and let it go. Move it slowly from one tooth to another, on the outer side but also on the inside without forgetting to pass it on your tongue, to remove the bacteria that cause bad breath.
Do not press too hard
Small rotations made by the electric toothbrush are enough to clean the teeth gently. It is therefore unnecessary for you to be too brutal, as this action could damage your teeth in the long run. Apply only slight pressure to the tooth surface since the brush will do most of the work for you.
Wait before brushing
Brutality is not the only one that can damage your oral health in the long run. You should also remember that brushing teeth after eating a food or an acidic drink such as soda or orange juice can erode the enamel. It is best if you wait 30 to 60 minutes before acting out.
Take care of your brush
Do not forget to rinse the head of the brush while it is still working. Run it under a fairly strong jet of water then turn it off, clean the holder and brush separately before storing. It is equally imperative to change it regularly, every three months or if ever the hair of the brush comes to deviate.